Re: logelloop

Hi Steven,

As I was lucky to get play around for a while with Logelloop I'd like to tell about some of its features that impressed me:

It is a looper with extensive sound mangling capabilities that all are part of the mixer-like graphic interface. Not only levels, pan and effects can be controlled by that mixer but also powerful looper parameters like Varispeed and Pitch Shift.

This mega mixer has a snapshot function that lets you catch and save any state of the mixer. When you perform you can switch between such snapshots on-the-fly and the switch can be quantised to happen on any upcoming musical cusp.

A really mind blowing trick you can do is to set the switch between snapshots to happen slowly during a defined time span. Imagine switching between two shapshots that use different Speed, or Pitch, for the loops! Maybe having one track's loop slowly rise a fifth in pitch while another track's loop slowly dives down a semi tone. Not much gear can do that.

The built-in plugins are cool too. My favourite is Granulaterre (not sure about the spelling), a real-time sampler that snatches one note off your audio input and plays it back according to step sequencer patterns dealing with timing and pitch. You can make your own presets for such patterns.

This was just a few of what LL is capable of, the stuff that impressed me. If you can get hold of a manual you can read up on the full picture.