Boomerang setup

Hi, I am new to looping and was wondering if anyone would be happy to
provide some advice on looper/amp set up?.  I have a boomerang phase lll
with an electric acoustic and small amp.  Ready to upgrade the amp I'm
looking at a fender acoustasonic 150.  I plan to run a mic (Shure sm57)
for vocals directly into the amp.  But I would like an additional mic for
some percussion instruments that I could loop through the boomerang along
with my guitar, and I'm not sure how to do both, and what else I might
need?.  Appreciate any helpful assistance.
Cheers, Jaz.