strange EDP problem

I’m having a strange problem with my Axe-Fx and EDP.  Realtime SysEx data
sent from the Axe-Fx (set to MIDI channel 1) is causing audible glitches
on my EDP (set to MIDI channel 3).  I’ve recorded the SysEx data into a
sequencer and it is showing MIDI channel 0 - which seems strange...but
maybe SysEx data doesn’t confirm to the channels 1-16?  Anyway, am I
missing a parameter on the EDP to filter out SysEx messages or is there
another solution?

Matt