Re: MIDI trough

On 11/04/2014 12:11, Matthias Grob wrote:
Helo,

here is a question for my Evoloop development:

do you guys need a MIDI tru connector?

Preferably done by hardware for latency considerations.
(if that's not practical, then surely merging to the Out
is enough?)

That's a point actually. The EDP merges the midi Input to the Output
anyway.

Doesn't that solve most people's needs?

on the EDP it was used quite often for stereo pairs.

Not usually, because we want to use the param button on EDP 1
to set up both EDPs.

I did try the Thru as an alternative, hoping it would have less delay
than the Out. (it didn't though).

now I am not sure who is going to use 2 Evoloops with the same pedal…

As long as Evoloop can't do multi-track anybody who can afford 2 of them.

or what other scenario would call for a MIDI thru?

Midi control of FX
...but
as there's a need for midi-synced FX
this is better served by a midi out with merged thru

Sometimes the fact there's an Out and a Thru
can make a useful splitter.

There's certainly been times when I've used both Output and Thru.

andy

thank you
Matthias