Re: wikipedia page on livelooping

On 24/03/2014 21:28, Mike wrote:
     Just my 2 cents... but using loops in the studio environment or
performing with any sort of prepared media, while a valid use of
technology and a popular option, isn't looping to me. Looping is all about
watching a performer create a musical tapestry right in front of you.
     There is nothing, and then the performer makes a sonic work of art.
When done by a talented and creative musician, it's breathtaking.

     I've seen singles and duos, or even full bands, play with backing
tracks, and I've seen performers that do true looping (my definition), and
the latter is more spontaneous, interesting and much preferred.

     Alright, let the tomato throwing begin. ;^)

splat

andy