Re: wikipedia page on livelooping

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 4:01 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com> wrote:
I don't think that theres much difference in the SOUND when one hears live looping or any other form of looping.

I won't argue with you on that, but I never made that strong a statement.

I've already agreed with your suggestion to go with the loop page; however, I don't believe that this means we must adopt the point of view that "all looping is looping". One form of looping puts a particular emphasis on performance and that is certainly a more germane characteristic than playing punk with a pick.

You seem to think the technology involved in livelooping is its defining characteristic. I believe it's the live performance element and your argument based on technological consideration leaves me unconvinced. Yes, it may sound the same, but this guy does it live on stage. I started my musical life as an instrumentalist and for me that places (perhaps undue) emphasis on the importance of performance in music.

Creating music that I could not perform live would be a stylistic/genre decision on my part.

Sylvain