Re: wikipedia page on livelooping

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Tyler <programmer651@comcast.net> wrote:
I think that looping is looping, whether
it's done in real time or with a computer program when mixing.

I personally come from a tradition that puts more emphasis on performance and views recording as a way of documenting that performance.  My use of looping follows that tradition by using loopers as instruments to be performed.  I may well be wrong, but it doesn't seem quite the same as preparing a track using loops or hitting a button to trigger a clip.  Having done all of those things, I personally find it very different.

Note that I do not mean to imply that we should only discuss livelooping on this list.

We probably don't need to sidetrack this discussion further, let's agree to disagree on this one ;)

Sylvain