Re: Re: Cutting Time

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:
> I don't use EvoLoop or Mobius currently (still stuck in
> hardware)....................does it have random slice SCRAMBLE modes
> like
> the Looperlative LP-1?

Yes, Mobius (the one I'm most familiar with) has four alternative
preset Shuffle algorithms. Besides of that you can "roll your own" by
scripting.

> I use to love using that and then constraining the length of the loop
> with
> unrounded copies.
> I always wanted to be able to control the Integer used to divide the loop
> and then apply randomization to it  (Q- SCRAMBLE?)

Yes, that's how I'm doing it (in Mobius). With a fader/pedal for
instant control of "Subcycles" (the "grid" for all quantised
processing) you are able to even adjust the resolution while a
"Q-SCRAMBLE" script is running for one loop length.

Here's an audio example of

1. Raising speed +24, two octaves.
2. Running a "substitute on/of grid" script through out the now rather
short loop while...
3. Making a quick noise into the mic while...
4. Adjusting the Secondary Feedback (how much old audio are being
substituted)
5. Finally taking the loop back down two octaves into normal speed and...
6. Voila - a bass line from just one quick spitting noise.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4963264/flute_fractals.mp3

This was done at "Subcycles = 16" but the same "substitute on/of grid"
script would have sounded different, resulted in a slower bass line,
if done at "Subcycles = 12".

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com