Re: Cutting Time

On 30.Oct2013, at 4:52 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> Rick Walker wrote:
>> On 10/29/2013 4:59 PM, Phil Clevenger wrote:
>> But let's say I want to remove the tiniest bits of time from a loop, at
>> any point I so desire, for the length of a switchpress ("Remove
>> SUS"?)... I don't think there is a way to do that right now.    If not,
>> please somebody consider it a feature request :)
>
> Matthias has talked about something similar for Evoloop.
>
> Sometimes a Multiply goes on for more Cycles than intended, so
> it would be useful to De-Insert (Un-Insert?) a cycle.

yes!
even I would be using this :-)
Unsert? Desert? or just Cut ?
and where would it go in the user interface? another Insert option?

> Assuming this would come in Quantised/Unquantised and SUS flavours
> it would do the job.

for me rounded! then quantize comes inevitable. sure, SUS

> The scripting methods make you wait a whole loop before you can do it
> again,
> that's too obvious a disappointment.

this I did not quite understand… when would you want to be able to do this?

>> Another problem about implementing this kind of functionality is that
>> with idiosyncratic software upgrades like these, t very, very , very
>> few people
>> end up using them, practically speaking.
>
> Very true, out of a number of cool EDP tricks I'm familiar with
> only 8th Replace caught on.
> ...and I think it caught on in a fairly small way, about 10 users.

we could start a statistic in Livelooping.org where users click what tool
they use and what functions in it