RandomRetrigger in the LP-2

Andy Butler asked:

"trouble with that, I expect, is that is *doesn't* create another musician.
Once you stop hitting RandRetig the loop goes vanilla again.
(or does it?, not seen a demo...a demo would be nice!) "

What I've discovered is that if one puts in several long tones with slow attacks (NO transients), representing a scale that a cool effect to do is to play a solo and hit Random ReTrigger every time you hit a note in your solo.

What happens is that everything is modally harmonic but some strange intervals can pop out.

It can create a sort of intelligent, "Someone is jamming with me and they are really good and very sophisticated
harmonically speaking."

Unfortunately, I have not used this on a piece that I've video taped yet and we just had some problems getting the effect reinstituted into the new re-working of the LP-2. The effect is fixed and working but I have to get
to San Jose before Bob can redo our trial LP-2s with the final software.

Another thing is that because a square tremelo effect is created, you can use slow transient long notes in a loop and then once RandomRetriggered, you create a random ostinato in what ever rhythm you want to tap out.........this can be useful for relooping with a second looper (hopefully NOT midi synced to the original loop,
whose length will be quite long.

It's a way of starting out Avant Garde and creating a 'groove' out of it or staring out with a groove and then de-constructing
it to end up Avant Garde.

That's the theory at least.

Rick Walker