Re: OT: guitar conversion.

I have a friend who owns a Roland GR-77, the sci-fi looking beast. He removed frets. He started at the 8t or 9th fret, (fifths you see), I have played with it a lot. Using the fretless part, along with the synth module, MIDIed into a couple other modules, the sounds were amazing. After emoving above the 12th, you may want to go a bit further. Just my $00.02

From: Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com>
To: Jim Goodin <jimgoodinmusic@gmail.com>; LOOPERS DELIGHT (posting) <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:49 AM
Subject: Re: OT: guitar conversion.

On 10/29/2013 6:36 PM, Jim Goodin wrote:
What started as another &apos;fretted to fretless&apos; of some of my low-if instruments has evolved to full rebuild and see what I come up with.  Some might be interested in the work which is midstream.  Documenting on my YouTube as I go .
3rd episode so far.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v65vCQuI0A&sns=em

Jim
Sent from <advertisement removed>
Fun to watch!
I look forward to the continuing installments.

I recently bought a &apos;defretting&apos; tool to tackle my beautiful 3/4 scale cheapo bass
that I&apos;ve refitted with Lace Sensor pickups,  a BadAss bridge,  new tuners, et. al.
For some reason, this bass has the deepest subsonic bass sound of any of my several
electric bass guitars and I&apos;m going to take out all the frets above the 12 fret for
fretless solo goodness (retain my ability to funk it up with frets on the lower ranges of the instrument).

rick walker