My new cd, "The 3am Music" is now released.

Hi all,

My new cd of experimental drum machine music, "The 3am Music", is now
available. The best place to get it is
http://mattdavignon.bandcamp.com. Currently it's also available for
download at Amazon.com, and it'll be on iTunes and eMusic in the next
few days.

A few different ideas went into the theme of this one. After my last
CD, "Living Things" I wanted to release an album of super lovely,
quiet music. Then, several months ago, I found myself working very
late at night, and noting that some albums lent themselves to that
quiet time when it feels like the rest of the world is turned off. So,
the "delicate" got morphed into a late night/barely conscious idea.
Each of the 7 tracks revolves around the theme of sleep – the
disorienting feeling of falling in and out of consciousness, the
fractured narratives of dreams, the events inside one’s room, and the
muted evidence of the outside world.

Musically, every sound was originally made on a drum machine, and
processed in real time with a variety of hardware devices. On this
release, I think it's about as far away from "drum machine-iness" than
it's ever been.

--
Matt Davignon
mattdavignon@gmail.com