Re: Pure Off Topic Question

We built a dry ice fogger, which is beats the smoke machines hands down. We took a small 16 gal. oil drum, mounted a water heater element in it, and a hair dryer motor. Modern ones don't use a blower at all. You have to by the ice every time but it's way cool. Or you san buy liquid nitrogen, about a dollar a gallon, dump it in warm water, and FOG! Obviously, you have to quickly put the lid on after ice, nitro, We had a basket hanging from a rod through the lid.  When fog is wated, drop the basket. We drilled a hole in the rod, then held it up with a cotter key.
Rig

From: Kevin Cheli-Colando <billowhead@gmail.com>
To: "Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com" <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:04 PM
Subject: Pure Off Topic Question

Hello again,

Apparently its time for my next really off topic question that somehow seems tangentially related to this list however.  And the topic is:  SMOKE MACHINES.

Surely some of you have a penchant for theatrics in your performances and may have perhaps used a smoke machine a time or two.  So my question is, what kind of a smoke machine is good for intermittent use and longevity?  I have had several mid-line machines that work fine for my needs but would go for extended periods unused only to be found useless and dead the next time I returned to them.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of thing or should I just throw myself upon the cold impersonal internet for advice?

Thanks as always and I do hope such far ranging and OT questions don't offend.

Kevin

--
Till now you seriously considered yourself to be the body and to have a
form. That is the primal ignorance which is the root cause of all trouble.

- Ramana Maharshi (1879-1950)