Re: Synth sampling

On Apr 4, 2013, at 7:02 AM, kay'lon rushing wrote:

Im sure i'll sound dumb, but what is a zero point?

Hi

Not Todd, but zero point is sort of the median between positive and negative range of the waveform. Check out "zero crossing" in Wikipedia.
The zero point is what the fade out goes to.
The audio editor I use has an auto-snap to zero point option for making selections of audio.
I suspect most editors, even free ones have a similar option, maybe found under Preferences or Tools or some sub-menu.

BobC