Echoplex sudden total noise!

Hi there,
has anyone experienced something like this before?
I have had quite a few glitches since I bought this thing and I'm not sure if I would venture using it live.
My echoplex (original model from 94 - updated to Loop IV) sometimes fucks up and generates this intense wall of noise kinda thing.. I noticed it does it sometimes when working with more loops and jumping from let's say loop 1 to loop 3.
Other times it recalls sounds from the previous session, as in loops recorded BEFORE resetting it... pretty random..

Just wandering if anyone has had similar problems ever..

thanks !
g.