Live Not Seeing Controller via USB

Quick question: Does anyone know why Live doesn't recognize my MIDI controller when it's plugged directly into my computer via USB, but it does recognize it when I plug in using a MIDI/USB interface? Live sees the Midisport ins and outs, in other words. The direct USB connection would make my life a lot simpler.

The controller in question is a Liquid Foot+ 12+. Maybe I need to contact the developer of my controller? I can program my controller using an editor via USB.

Thanks,

Jeff (