Re: Using the standard EDP pedal with 2 EDPs

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 8:10 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
hi Mark,

hi Andy... and thanks!

So a second slave EDP linked by midi will respond as long as
EDP1 Output (not Thru) is linked to EDP 2 Input.

Aha.. nice---

It doesn't happen via brothersync.

OK---

This depends on the ControlSource param.
i.e. both EDPs have
ControlSource=not
OR
both have
ControlSource=ctr

Damn!! I thought that parameter stood for ControlChange messages and Note messages, that you could use both via midi!!

you mean... It depends on whether the control signal is passed on to the second unit?
So if I rigged it like this I could start both machines (ControlSource=ctr) together, and loop in stereo (PseudoStereo... if only I had a stereo send!) and then change the parameter on the front panel of second machine,  (ControlSource=not)  and then the pedal would now only affect the first EDP?

Nifty...

Assuming you're syncing to incoming midi clock you could use the Thru
of EDP1 to connect to EDP2 and an AB switch to route the pedal to either EDP. (and bro-sync) Which would suit what I imagine to be your usual mode of operation.

Well usually yes... but I like the idea that I have a pedal that operates both simultaneously, Im imagining recording 2 things seperately (using front panel, or iPad) with 2 different lengths, then doing Quantised Sub into that, with the pedal, will record that chunk to both, but presumably will go out of synch by an 8th every time... nice... If Im not mistaken?

I am assured there will be a long soundcheck... thank the lord for that! If there is one...

:)

Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com
www.ordoabkhao.com