Re: Zoe Keating in NY Times article.@borisfx.com

Very eloquently put Todd, but oh so very wrong
:(

On 30 Jan 2013, at 17:40, Todd Elliott <toddbert@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm thinking Eno had it right : "

Well its not really a problem for Mr Eno is it? He can well afford to be so wise and pragmatic.�
The stupid idea that it wasn't like this before rock n roll so it's ok that it goes back to that... the music blip thing... is silly, U don't want whale blubber again surely? ( nice analogy BTW)�
We had something in the 60s70s and 80's even the 90's... sure there were some fat cats earning stupid money, hell there still is, but many many many bands who were out and about earning a bit above minimum wage, were touring recording and living, yes living off music. Why? because the cuts were ok, not great, but ok. An artist could expect to make 13% of an album, now it's more like .03%!!!�
All in saying is that sure times change, but why ACCEPT being ripped off by the distributors...

And I never EVER criticized the music biz... it's the Sellers (Apple and Spotify exemplify these) who never EVER take any initiative to find new music, develop artists, work with artists to get them heard... nothing.. they just TAKE, cos theres nothing else....
That CAN change, we did it in 1976 with punk for a while... we can do it again... Boycott Spotify, Use bandcamp or CDBaby...�
You have a choice... it ain't over till the fat lady puts her song on iTunes.