Re: feedback issue with mics in live performance

On Jan 27, 2013, at 10:53 AM, Kris Hartung wrote:

> I second Rick's recommendation on in-ear monitors.  And, I highly
> recommend the Westone.  These guys make some amazing systems, and have
> for years.
> http://www.westone.com/music/
>
> I decided to just get their top of the line monitor, the ES5, which is
> custom fit to your ear, 8hz to 20kHz frequency range, 5 drivers, 3-way
> cross-over....just amazing in sound.  I figured the investment was worth
> it considering how much time I listen to music, either on state, at home
> through my mac, etc.
>
> But they have some less expensive custom in-ear systems, like the AC1
> and AC2 that are good too.
>
> For my band, I also bought this Prosonus headphone amp/distribution
> system, which is pretty cool.  Each person can have an A/B mix, and an
> external mix of their own instrument.
>
> Kris

How would these be for recording when working with am modelers? I have a
good pair of Sennheiser headphones but it still feels unnatural and the
bass feels weak. (That said, I have some suspicion that my Mackie mixer
isn't up to driving the Sennheisers.)

Mark