Re: OT : OSC for beginners?

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 11:06 PM, Todd Elliott <toddbert@gmail.com> wrote:

Also, bidule's OSC implementation is a hell of a lot easier than Max's. I actually am getting things to occur there. Need to poke around the internet a bit more to fiddle with.

Never played with OSC in Max, but I imagine you need to unpack all incoming messages and route the values where you want them.  Bidule is great (no video, though).  Max's advantage with Gen is that you can compile your patches so they can run as quickly and efficiently as native objects.  (you can do something similar with Bidule, but you need to write your patch in C++ and link your code to the Bidule SDK...  not as straightforward).

Sylvain