Re: A = 440 Hz OR 432 Hz?

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM, GINKGO - Erwin Van Heuverswyn
<ginkgo@telenet.be> wrote:
> I can be wrong, but my first impression is that if you transpose every
> string by the same amount, the microtuning (meaning intervals) does not
> change.

Hm, I wonder if that was also what I was saying? The micro tuning is
caused by the placement of the frets on the neck in relation to the
length of the string and the intonation of how high the from the frets
the strings are adjusted. Physically that will of course not change
just by retuning the open string's pitch but the same mechanical
issues will happen to other notes of the scale; because after
re-tuning the same notes will have to be played at a different fret
positions. So in a musical sense re-tuning open strings does change
the micro tuning. How about that approach?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen