Date: Friday, November 16, 2012 1:31:10 am
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
From: "andy butler" <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject: Re: A = 440 Hz OR 432 Hz?

Daniel Thomas wrote:

> Its true that Western ears hear so called micro-tunings as out of tune.

Agree: yes, even some of those who play "out" music. It's just
unfamiliarity, (it
       took me years to "get" Thai classical music.)

Disagree: church organ, violin/viol family, choral, orchestra(if no piano
involved)
  none of those play in equal temperament, and they aren't known for out
of tuneness.
  It's a "textbook/academic thing" that equal temperament is(or was ever)
ubiquitous,
  not even Bach used it.

andy