MIDI synch multiple loopers/samplers?

I'm really new to using outboard gear for looping, most of my experience is in Ableton Live and Reason but I have played around with the Line 6 DL4 in the past.  I'm curious what methods people use to have different loopers synched together.  For instance I have a Looperlative LP2 that can have MIDI out to slave something to it like my Behringer Virtualizer Pro which has a sampler and MIDI in.  How many of you are using multiple loopers/samplers linked together for layering?