Re: A = 440 Hz OR 432 Hz?

I've got no idea whether 432Hz is a fundamental tone of the universe,
and certainly support your use of it as such in your music.

However there's just so much misinformation in the first
few minutes of that video that I wondered if it was a spoof,
or if the guy is deliberately lying for some reason.
I don't think anything at all he said about the history
of musical pitch was true.

Incidentally, research on an ancient Confucian bell chime set
points to the possibly even more mysterious frequency of 345Hz.

...could be a worth try?

andy

Jack Cattedra wrote:
Stumbled upon this topic recently and I find it very interesting. From my personal experience and experimentation, I've found that I naturally tune my instruments to this frequency or a harmonic of it. Not to mention, songwriting just seems to flow so much easier this way, who knows. I don't like to intellectualize these types of things too much, but I figured I'd share these links anyway. :)

      The Cosmic 432 - Part 1 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVATlX4XKMk>

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVATlX4XKMk

The Cosmic 432 - Part 2 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUuyeor8f6Q>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUuyeor8f6Q