Re: Re: RE: What Looper to use for syncing with other loopers/samplers/computers

On 11/6/12 3:37 AM, eib halimski wrote:
Sounds good Rick. well like these guys, i used to have problems syncing between loopers (especially when it's different brands). if we're not using the edp to sync between loopers which i think is overkill, the only solution is to practice, practice and practice. plan your loops smartly in song compositions so that when the loops starts to sound weird, mangle with it.
I specifically designed the function RETRIGGER: CONTINUOUS
to be able to re-sync, manually, so that people using loopers with live bands or even other loopers that don't support synchronization can play together.

about the practice, practice, practice comment: I've always maintained in interviews that I've learned more about time and timing than playing with all the master drummers from different cultures that I've played with, allthe click tracks, sequencers and drum machines that I've played
to over the years, combined!

I've done many, many shows with my brother where I just used the judicious use of loop composition and a Line 6 DL-4 and it's clumsy retriggering abilities to make it appear that he and I were synced.

Good luck, yours,   Rick