Re: Ableton Push

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Buzap Buzap <buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> has anyone taken a look at the new product "Ableton Push"?
> https://www.ableton.com/en/push/
> Basically, not much different to APC 40 etc.
> The only thing that got me REALLY excited was the "DELETE" button. I
> wonder if this could be used to really delete clips directly? Do you
> think Live 9 supports that? So far, this feature has been really missing
> in Live API. Would be great....
>
> best regards
> Buzap

Yes. But there is not much information out yet. I have subscribed to a
thread at the Live forum where we are discussing whether Push is based
on the open MIDI protocol or some propriety format.

A nice thing with Push is that the pads are both touch sensitive for
aftertouch and velocity sensitive for tapping attacks. And I like the
flat grid design. I my mind I'm comparing Push with the Eigenharp.
Price-wise Push wins, but as I said there is no info out on how it
actually works. If it can only be used with Live it wouldn't be of
interest for me.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com