mobius crash

I had mobius crash on me during my SC gig at y2k and I'd like to
figure out why.  Could anyone try the following:

- make a very short loop (think sustain record)
- rate shift it up and down a bunch of times, playing the loop as a synth
sound

I'm pretty sure this is what made it crash, but it would be nice if
someone could replicate that crash.

btw, I had practiced computer crashing, so it wasn't that big a deal
during my set...  I just kept playing trombone acoustically while I
reopened the software and waited for everything to come back up.  Not
exactly smooth, but having practiced it, I wasn't really nervous about
it.

Sylvain