Re: How do you all do pitch shifting in performance?

Hi Michael,

I take it you don't want the looped melody to change its length, that
we are now talking real pitch shifting. Given the Electrixpro Repeater
is discontinued the best way to achieve this I know about would be to
use Ableton Live and record your melody as an Audio Clip (not using
its Looper plugin). But as I remember this procedure it is not
particularly transparent in a performing situation. You can assign a
MIDI CC# to transpose the clip's pitch (using Ableton terminology
here) but it works on the selected and recording track, so you need to
keep it that way.

When I did "chord changes" on the EDP (as I do it today with the
Mobius looper) I build each chord as a separate loop (because it
sounds a lot better than technical pitch shifting). I have one MIDI
pedal board bank for this: the first five switches are for direct
triggering (on the set shift quantize value) of each loop. Besides
this the switch for loop #1 doubles up as the Record Button IF nothing
has yet been recorded into the looper (but when the looper is not in
Reset Mode this switch works as just another Direct Loop Call switch).
I also have a switch for Overdub and one for Multiply, in case I want
to work a little longer on one loop than just the basic one or two bar
length. With this setup you can create five alternative chord loops in
one quick action.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com