Re: Trimming posts &/or taking it off list (was Re: US Tour dates to and from Y2KX+2)

I was having a similar problem a while back. I thought that it would be
great if we all switched to a standard Internet forum type of format, like
TheGearPage, Gearslutz, or just about every other forum that I use. That
way I could read the topics that interested me and ignore the rest. I
realized that it wasn't going to happen. There is a forum like that for
loopers, but no one uses it. The people's whose posts I love to read all
post here.

I found a way to get almost all of the benefits of a forum without anyone
(except me) changing a thing. Here's what I did:

philip.ojc@gmail.com is one of my many email addresses. It is dedicated to
LD. I only see it on my mail feed at home--not on my iPhone or my laptop.
I use my email server (Mail [mac]) several times a day, but I don't wade
through LD messages unless I choose to check the new messages in the inbox
on my dedicated LD email account.

I don't know how your server works, but if your server is like Mail, you
can get threads to show up as a group of however many messages are in the
thread. If the subject line interests me, I can click on the thread and
read through the messages from start to finish. Cool thing is, when I want
to find something on the EDP for example, I can do a search through the
thousands of LD mails and find threads that discuss it in the messages or
the subject line. I can also search for posts by Rick Walker or Per or
Kay'lon. I haven't worked all of the bugs out yet. Mainly, I can't see my
own posts, but fortunately for me (and UNfortunately for you), a lot of
people quote previous posts, so if I scroll through the thread I can
usually see the dumb comments that I posted and what people are responding
to.

Just an idea.