Y2K12 PERFORMING LOOPFEST ARTISTS: Please Read!!!!

IMPORTANT TO READ for all  55 artists coming to perform at the Y2K12 Loop
Fest:

Here's all the salient information you need about the festival.  It's very
important to read this thoroughly as we cannot pull the festival off,
physically and temporally unless everyone is on the same page.

Please do not take this personally, but try not to write me personally at
this time, I"m just completely inundated with work to do to be able to
accommodate everyone in the next week and a half before the foreign
artists because to arrive.

http://www.y2kloopfest.com/agreement.htm

Y2K12 RULES of PERFORMANCE AGREEMENT

This festival is a LIVE LOOPING festival. This means that artists who
perform must have a large amount of live looping in their musical set. We
have had artists in the pasts who merely triggered precorded samples or
loops and played over them. This is NOT acceptable for this festival.

However, there is no style or genre associated with the festival so
anything you want to do creatively is encouraged and supported. Be as
creative as you'd like to be. That's the spirit of this beautiful
festival.

Performances all occur on two adjacent stages. Up to 70 artists from up to
16 countries will perform continuously for a 24 hour period over three
days. There are no breaks between acts so the music is continuous.

Because the stages adjoin in view of the audience members, set up and
break down can be very distracting to the audience so it is imperative
that loading Artists be as sensitive as possible not to draw focus from
those who are performing.

1) Artists have 20 minute maximum completely silent load in (Line checks
can be accomplished with supplied headphones, also silently and many
artists will be on hand to help you load on and off silently when your
time comes)
2) Artists have 30 minute maximum performance
3) Artists have 10 minutes maximum complete silent evacuation of the stage

Importantly:
1) Artists who take longer to load will have time cut off of their
performances
2) Artist who perform to long or take too long to evacuate the stage at the
end of their sets result in the next act having time shaved off their set.
WE HAVE TO STAY ON SCHEDULE OR THE ARTISTS AT THE END OF THE EVENING WILL
BE DENIED A SPOT. MANY OF THESE ARTISTS HAVE COME THOUSANDS OF MILES AT
CONSIDERABLE EXPENSE SO PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS and HURRY OFF STAGE WHEN YOU
ARE FINISHED PERFORMING. ASK FOR HELP FROM ANYONE TO HELP YOU EVACUATE THE
STAGE ON TIME
ARTIST COMPENSATION:

We run in the red every year (out of my pocket always) so there is no
compensation for the artists, consequently and regretfully.

Over time, I am researching new ways to get granting and to get subsidies
from music companies. These invariably will be offered, first, to the
artists who travel from out of the country to come perform but almost
always for just the official headlining artists. Realistically, however,
the recession has just killed donations in the past year and this past
year we did not have enough money to give out any funding at all. We can
find people free places to stay , however, if you don't mind sleeping bag
on blow up mattress accommodations with other loopers.

GUEST and COMP LISTS:

We charge at the door and don't allow guests at all because the venue is
just not large enough to accommodate more people. This includes roadies or
friends who help you load in. They need to be prepared to pay for their
entrance or have you pay for them. We just can't afford to do this
festival without sticking religiously with this rule. This is all pretty
harsh but the only way we can keep this growing without losing a lot of
money.

ALL FUTURE CORRESPONDENCES:

Please use all capital letters and write your NAME and Y2K12 LOOPFEST in
your subject line of any email you send me for the festival so that they
are easy to archive and refer to. I get approximately 2,000 emails a year
for the festival so it's a lot of information to collate.