The Music That Just… Happens!

Sometimes it is such an amazing trip to simply start playing to see
what music will be coming through. Here's such a free solo
improvisation on the Chapman Stick extended with the Mobius looper and
a cello bow:
http://soundcloud.com/pboy/the-music-that-just-happens

Fun thing in this session was to make quite long loops and actually
play the parts with some variation and sense of evolution. Then take
it to the next level (which is what got recorded) where you use these
long loops to remix while playing along. Five tracks in total plus
live input is what's going on. A little too muddy here and there,
fidelity-wise, but since I haven't found a technical solution for
recording each looper track on it's own I take it for what it is. A
mistake was to overplay a bit (on the dist melody part) too early on
during the improvisation and as you know that is not curable because
you have to keep up the attitude you start out with :-)  Anyway, I
enjoyed the noisy sound and the melodic textures that appear as
different parts come together or diverge.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen