Re: Best battery powered looping pedal? Maybe 2 iPads instead?

From Vox Support: "The DelayLab can handle the full frequency spectrum.
The inputs are TS unbalanced, not TRS balanced inputs. If you plan on
using any sort of mic with this, we recommend running it through a mixer
first to bring it to line level, then run the line level signal through
the DelayLab. "

The deal breaker for me is it's only one loop to work with. I need to be
able to branch off into 2 (at a minimum) or 3 (much preferred) directions,
so 2-3 loops. (Too bad because most everything else I liked about it,
though I'd prefer the mic/line thing be solved in the box as well.)

I see Garage Band for iPad has a sync function for "Jam Mode" or some such
but it's not based on looping. Yet, maybe that's the sort of direction I
should be looking: two iPads. One as sound source/mixer, one for looping.
If they could just be synced. Maybe one can do this with one iPad, the
looper "hearing" different sound sources but it all just seems so
complicated with the back and fourth and switching that I don't think I
can work with it even if that is so.

Is there a way to sync a beat that's not through garage band that would
allow me to have the record, overdub, next loop (etc) functions execute on
one "looping iPad" to the 1 beat on the "sound source" iPad?

---Christopher Darrow
       503.327.9329