RE: @Anders, for the OT (I make it public so that anybody can learn more about the OT) Answer to Mark

 "and can I cut n paste between projects or spin things in, in synch, on the fly WITHOUT pre-prep. I THINK so, using the audio pool, with good foldering of samples it LOOKS like one can do everything without stopping the machine. (The main issue I have with Electribe actually.. that one cant record audio to a sample without stopping the drum-machine)"

That is NOT a problem.. Put you're favorites in the pool and it is very easy to change.. you can do it in live recording mode by pressing "function" and up arrow" choose "slots" and you can instantly play the slots.. and live record it to the sequencer... you can easily save a live recorded sample assign it as a slot and jam on it.. you don't need to save a recording done live in order to slice it, change rate, loop points.. whatever.. the whole point with the octatrack is live sampling and sample editing.. without stopping anything..