Re: Fripp news

Ah, the perils of (mis)communication!  No worries.

--On 07 September 2012 09:45 -0400 Douglas Baldwin <coyotelk@optonline.net> wrote:

Well said, Philip - My apologies for incorrectly implying that you
implied that... & etc.
I love the term "rentierism."

----- Original Message ----- From: "Philip Conway"
<Philip.Conway@bristol.ac.uk>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: Fripp news

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that *Fripp's* 'retirement' was a purely
materialistic decision but that this is the nature of the music industry
as a whole -- obsessed with legality and ownership and neglectful of
creativity.

The 'posh offices', etc. was referring to the turn that the whole
industry  has taken towards rentierism.  I didn't mean to imply that
Fripp has any  of these things.  To me he just seems to be defending his
artistic and  commercial legacy against this kind of predation.

Philip.

--On 07 September 2012 08:43 -0400 Douglas Baldwin