Re: Desperately looking for a cheap Octatrack

Cranes!!?? Many years aogo I walked into a record store and heards this haunting harp/female singer on the sound system. They said it was "The Cranes". They only had one cassette tape and did not want to sell it. I talked them out of it. Still listen to it.
Rig

From: mark francombe <markfrancombe@gmail.com>
To: Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com>; loopers-delight <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: Desperately looking for a cheap Octatrack

In many ways the Gretch is a better guitar than the ErnieBall shite I have... but that one is fully fitted with 2 hex pickups and a fernandez sustainer, ... The Gretch however is really a BassVI as its an octave down as opposed to a 5th down... which is nice, but when cash is tight... I just gotta get rid of things I dont use.

Ive been quite dissapointed with the Electribe Drum machine, too many weird pointless key combos, that makes it a two handed machine to jam with. Im hoping that the Octotrack will do that job for me (provide interactive beats)...
And the good news that pricked my ears up this week was Ander saying it had 8 midi tracks too!! Got tha manual, and sure thang, 8 unusable midi tracks... thats great cos I can go back to programming strings of midi for EDPS.. I have not even tried to figure out if thats possible on the Electribe, dont think so, cos its such a headfuck to program...

Im off to the UK in the morning to see the Cranes play... its been 20 years since the Cure tour, can you imagine? So theres a bit of a bash, rumours are the Cure my come, but Ill believe that when I see it...

Was this a private mail Rick? Hmm Ill post it to LD anyway...and make it Gig Spam...

"Cranes (my old band) play Bush Hall in London tomorrow, almost certainly no looping, cos Im not in them any more... If any ones going, then catch my attention with the sign of the loop..."

Mark