Re: Anyone here never livelooped?

i have livelooped, but only in the privacy of my own practice space.  did the tree fall in the forest and was not heard?  i live in an isolated area, and intended to use the looper to back myself up, being a multi-instrumentalist.  i have an m-brace guitar holder that mounts to a mic stand and holds my bass beside me, scrunci pulled down over the strings to minimize sympathetic feedback, acoustic guitar strapped on and now a lap steel beside me, but i have never gotten a set together sufficiently to warrant taking it public.  i have found people i am working material up with now as well, so i have not worked toward streamlining my looping so that the songs are of a manageable length (i.e., NOT a ten or fifteen minute long version of "nothing compares to you" or the country version of "crazy for you").  i use loops all the time in my electronic compositions, of the "cut-and-paste" variety.  but my question is this--  is it considered livelooping if there is no audience?  is the fear of making a public mistake a driving impetus behind the drive to loop?  i just can't work out a set that flows and doesn't hang on one vibe for too long.  maybe i am expecting too much to apply looping to the public performances of "songs," which usually have vocals and a pop sensibility on performance length, as opposed to "pieces," because "mr. green genes" works great with the lapsteel/ acoustic/ bass combo as an instrumental piece, but would fall apart were i to try to do a tight verse-chorus pop construction (in MY hands--  howie day can do an awesome solo looping version of "collide" that i could never pull off) with lyrics.  plus, the lyrics are far too silly for the regal theme.  "peaches en regalia' is more difficult, but you can stretch out with it, so it works.  has anyone else ever experienced this problem, of not being able to tighten certain songs up enough to feel comfortable performing publicly? am i just a perfectionist?

From: Jeff Larson <jeff@zonemobius.com>
To: Tyler <programmer651@comcast.net>
Cc: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2012 4:12 PM
Subject: Re: Anyone here never livelooped?

Why should people talk about various loops in songs?  It doesn't matter what the web site says, people talk
about what they're interested in talking about, and apparently not many people here are interested in talking about cut and paste looping.  You can't change what people want to talk about.  But you can try getting new members that share your interests to join.