Re: Flying with a guitar... or not

On a related note-  When I have to check my instruments, I keep one of
those "TSA inspection" tags inside the case.  (they leave one whenever
they open a bag.)  That way, when a TSA'r opens the case, they see that
someone else from TSA has already been there.  This has greatly reduced
the number of times that my overpacking gets mangled.  Similarly, I leave
a very polite note explaining that the instrument must be packed properly
in order to ensure its safety and that I appreciate how focused on safety
the TSA is!  :)

Daniel