Re: Flying with a guitar... or not

"laptops and mouth organs"... THAT's traveling light!

--- On Mon, 8/6/12, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com> wrote:

From: mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
Subject: Re: Flying with a guitar... or not
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Date: Monday, August 6, 2012, 5:40 PM

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Daniel Thomas <danielthomas4@mac.com> wrote:
I have used this firm before.   It cost a little more than going through the airline freight service and in the end, they turned around and hired the airline freight service.

It was by no means a reccomendation... did you read my stones story, they muddled up my guitars with an inflatable woman... however...  When shipping a complete bands equipment for large tours of the states, 4 out of 5 times they did it with no hassle, no breakages, the did incredible deals (like aking our gear with Mettalicas one time... AND did all our carnet paperwork, even sending a guy to a gig we were doing a week before to scrabble around under our gear for serial numbers, cos of course we had forgotten them.

They wern´t cheap cheap, but they collected our shit from our garage in Portsmouth and delivered it to the first gig, the whisky in LA I believe... so.. I call that pretty good...

However... loopers... laptops and mouth organs.. thats my advice!

Daniel
On Aug 6, 2012, at 10:44 AM, Dennis Moser wrote:

> I think it was Mark Francombe that mentioned these guys — they ARE
> still in business and here's their website:

But just for a laugh, I sent them a request for a quote now, for  16U RACK and pedalboard box... see if I get an answer... If I get a good deal, you guys in the US better book me a tour..!

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com