Re: midi foot controller theory

I've been doing some flute playing with live looping and that is
pretty close to singing (in a tech/gear regard). My solution is to
keep a control for the mic and only open the input line when I play a
note. I've found that it works well with a MIDI expression pedal but
also with momentary switch where you place a foot on the switch to let
sound through the mic (any time you are not standing on the switch no
sound will pass through the mic). This works on incredibly loud PA
systems, referring to the audio feedback danger.

One can also use an extremely close-up input mic. I will try this now,
as my SM58 was stolen and since I've always liked the sound of the
Beta more I'm replacing it with a TC Helicon MP70; also a super
cardioid mic but less feedback prone due to its extreme proximity
effect. You need to be careful with the correct (close) distans to the
mic but it will cover less of ambient sound that you don't want (like
audible pedal clicks or slapping strings)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen