Re: OT compressor stompbox

On Aug 4, 2012, at 11:45 AM, Michael Peters <mp@mpeters.de> wrote:

I love compressors for my guitar that let some attack sound through but then make a loooong linear sustain. Any recommendations for a small compressor stomp box that can do that kind of radical sustain?   -Michael

Michael, I have three compressors I use, an old MXR Dynacomp, a MIJ Boss CS-2, and an AnalogMan Bi-Comprossor. The AnalogMan is interesting, it is a Ross compressor clone on one side and a Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer compressor clone on the other! Details on the website at http://www.analogman.com/rossmod.htm

Of course your mileage may vary, but I'm very pleased with the Bi-Comprossor for both subtle and extreme compression settings.

All the best,

Loren Claypool
genre-indifferent instrumental guitar music
www.lorenclaypool.com and links from there