Re: Death to homophonic harmonies!

> What do you all do to crack yourselves out of making your old familiar
> type
> of music?

Decision. I make a decision for what kind of music I want to make and
then I do it. The process may of course be quite long and include a
lot of research and study. I think it is a good method because even if
you do not succeed in following Plan A "a failure" might still come
out as good music that stands out from your previous work.

Another method is to play around and experiment. This is always fun
and educational, but not as productive as "the decision method".

My favorite method is none of those to though, but to simply play and
compose a lot. As you grow bored you instinctly change directions and
will suddenly find yourself reborn in a new musical landscape. An
enjoyable natural process, but often too time consuming for modern
life.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com