From: Simeon Harris <simeonharris40@googlemail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 8:43 PM
Subject: Re: The looper in AxeFx II

i'll answer that if you like. the axe fx II is a completely different
design - it uses two tigersharc chips instead of one and one of them
is dedicated solely to the amp modelling. the fx are almost the same,
with a few notable exceptions - the rotary block in the II is much
better than in the ultra....the II has a tape delay (with the ability
to alter tape speed)....and more drive types and more amp types. the
amp modelling has been totally re-written for the II, uses much more
processing power and is therefore more realistic. you can take an
impulse response of any guitar cabinet and also tone match any guitar
tone and match any amp (like the kemper)
we're just about to get firmware 7 for the II, which will include
updates to the preamp modelling, more effects and more drive types.
the reverb block has also been totally rewritten (and sounds amazing)
if you're looking for an effects processor and don't need the amp
modelling, then i would have said the ultra would probably be the way
to go, but the gap is widening with every firmware update

sim