Re: How often do you listen to your own music?

Getting back to aspects of the original question....I usually place my improvisations on CD as well as convert the waves to mps and place in my library. This leads to having a lot of CD's (some without proper labeling). I often distribute CD's to close friends for comments. I've gotten in the habit of enabling my Zoom R24 (which is, IMHO, an amazingly powerful device) and/or a portable digital recorder for posterity's sake prior to looping/performing.

I know the artists whose music I admire the most and, while I don't feel I can do their music justice as far as performing or reinterpreting the music, I like my recent music as much or at least 'almost' as much. It's rather more difficult playing all the instruments in a one man band than having a bassist, drummer, percussionist, etc. and I don't have the 'studio time' to tweak & tweak the music to get everything perfect (due to my day job).

I've recently become addicted to the Palladia channel on cable/satellite TV and, while I 've heard many bands I had not actually heard before and can appreciate, I've also noted the number of bands that, at least to my ears, leave a lot to be desired. I keep thinking "I should be playing out if these goobers are". :)