Re: Minimum spec PC for Abelton Live

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 11:10 AM, mark francombe
<markfrancombe@gmail.com> wrote:
> I guerss Im talking memory AND CPU?

Why needing to know the "Minimum Spec PC"? Are you planning to by a
ten year old lappy? :-))  Just make sure its graphic memory isn't
shared with the system and any new dirt cheap win-lappy will work
great with live. The latest Live version (upgrade last week) supports
running the system at 64 bit and the good thing with that is that more
than 4 GB RAM can be used. So you might as well look for a cheap
corporate deal on a laptop that ships with 8 or more GB RAM.

I'm receiving mails every week from Dell and everyone else that offers
me a cheap deal through my company... must be the same in Norway. Look
for the deals labeld "powerful media laptop", "presentation media
workhorse" or similar, but try to avoid deals on laptops that come
with pre installed stuff that is targeting "home media center" users.
Oh, and Vista is a no-no ;-))

> When it says i3 or i5 or i7... is i3 good enough?

i7 does better in tests with typical music applications.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen