Re: Kemper Profilier Amp or, careful with that Axe FX, Eugene

On Jul 20, 2012, at 5:54 AM, Simeon Harris wrote:

bill said - "why does sounding good have to equate with a bunch of
parameters that have very subtle effect, and a huge assortment of
options?  I'm saying that if you only use 1/4 of what's available in a
device it doesn't strike me as a particularly good value"

I think the deep editing potential of the Axe II gives users the option to explore and tweak to their heart's content, if they so desire. But it's also very easy to get great sounding tones with very little editing/tweaking. If having too many options produces anxiety in some users, then it's easy to ignore all of those extra menus and parameters. I think it's pretty simple to find inspiring tones and get down to the business of creating music. If, on the other hand, you really like to explore every single parameter under the sun, the Axe II is a dream come true for those types. Seems to me both bases--and both types of end users-- are covered.

Jeff