From: William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 6:25 AM
Subject: Re: Kemper Profilier Amp

cliff posted this clip. one half is the real amp, the other is the axe
fx. just in case there was still any doubt about the accuracy of
digital models - http://www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/sherbert2plus.mp3 -
it's channel 2 of the diezel herbert...an amp head that costs more
than the axe fx.

Ok you convinced me, I don't want to buy the amp either :-) the first example  sounds harsher to my ear with more noise floor, the second one sounds gated and slighter smoother, unfortunately the tones are not my aesthetic cup of tea.  Where I find the modeling technology is most obviously fake sounding is in the clean to mildly overdriven tones, where the harshness in the high frequencies is more noticeable,   the kind of amps  that have wider dynamic range, more tactile response and are not overly gain-y and compressed like these tones are. So I give up, which is which?  i agree the sounds have vastly improved, but I still think its overpriced. I think most  boutique amps are overpriced, but at least with them you know they will hold there value and last forever.
example:  20 years ago I bought a vintage princeton reverb for $500 I got a good deal at the time but that amp can now fetch between $1500-2500, whereas the Pod pro I bought for around the same money might fetch $200 If sold used today if I'm lucky. I still have the princeton. my main amp for club work and sessions
Bill