Re: Baryton guitar strings/tuning?

So I'm wondering if anyone knows what mojo is at work here?

Well i can see a parallel  with Ukulele's.
Soprano concert and tenor Ukes all share the same tuning but are progressively longer in scale length. Tenor ukes have gotten more popular because, They are louder, have a slightly clearer fundamental tone and better intonation than the other two, particularly the tiny soprano which are notoriously difficult to intonate . My friend , builder Rick Turner who got in to the business of building Ukes a couple of years ago makes only tenors as standard production models with his brand Compass Rose.
 Bill