Re: Interesting controller

Tim/etc,

At such a low cost, I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to combine multiple LM's to increase coverage area. Or, if not increase a single area, create multiple areas of input.

-cpr

Quoting Tim Thompson <me@timthompson.com>:

See http://spacepalette.com for what you can do with a 3D spatial input
device.  A recent performance (much better than the one I did at the Y2K
Loopfest last year) can be found at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgnYGkIAGbw  .

The Leap Motion device will be a very welcome alternative to the Kinect, to
say the least!   On the plus side - increased resolution and decreased
size.  On the minus side - decreased stage presence and smaller arm motion
(larger tai-chi-like arm motion is more enjoyable for expressive things).
 The biggest question I have is whether it works in sunlight (where the
Kinect doesn't work).

     ...Tim...