RE: Octatrack 1.2 -- a new looper

There are a lot of choices during setup, so you have to decide how you want to use it.  However, once you’ve set it up, you can save your configuration in a project, after which you just load the project and you’re good to go.

It is true that you can loop without the pickup machine, but the pickup machine gives you the ability to overdub, as well as the ability to sync the rest of the Octatrack to the length of the loop you just recorded.

From: Philip [mailto:philip.ojc@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 11:24 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Octatrack 1.2 -- a new looper

Love the features, but the setup seems pretty complicated and time-consuming.

What is the max memory?

There is a multiply so that you can first record one bar or so on a track then double or qaduble that. You can also set the slave tracks to be a multiply of the master track. You can sync to external source not sure how.. don't know if you can sync to sequencer.. As far as I undetstand you can create an empty loop if desired lenght and have all other loops + sequencer looked to that.. OR you could use a ordinary "flex" machine for synchronized looping.. I have been looping woth the octatrack with great sucess without the pickup machine..