RE: Interesting controller

Yeah, I'm on the developer kit list.  The more I think about this, the
more I want one.  Tactile feedback is necessary for some things, but you
also have audio and visual feedback.  Imagine a 4x4 set of "pads" floating
above the surface of your guitar.  Move your finger into one a small
amount and it triggers a sample with low MIDI velocity.  Thrust into it
farther or with more acceleration and it triggers with high velocity.
The feedback is how it sounds, like a theremin.  If you don't play guitar,
put one or more on mic stands near you.

Then you can add visual feedback, like a large visible color on a computer
monitor that changes as you move into certain zones, then you thrust your
hand, headstock, bow, trombone, or tentacle deeper to activate it.

Realistically, I've been around technology long enough to know that what
you see in marketing videos rarely matches reality.  There is a megaton of
of software required to convert the raw data you will get from this device
into the 3-d hands you see in the video.  Not all of this is necessarily
reusable for audio applications.   Hopefully, they've designed a high
level "API" that makes these things easier, but given the lack of
non-video examples on their web site, I suspect they're hoping outside
developers will do it for them.   Either way, I'm interested, but I won't
be expecting miracles for several years.

Jeff